The fastest man present on this earth, Usain bolt who is the record holder of both 9.58s for 100m and 19.19s for 200m discusses his extraordinary workout, which actually made him the fastest man.The 6’5″ height and 200lbs weighted bolt is the Olympic gold medalist for 4 Consecutive times.He was youngest sprinter with the age of 15 to win 200m junior with 20.61 s.
Usain Bolt Workout Routine Explained
His routine consists of Flexibility,weight lifting,Extra workout for his legs,flexibility exercise and yes, the strength and endurance increasing exercises.As his main motto is to build stronger not bigger he perform exercises with more intensity that could actually give a pump up to his muscles strength.
Usain Bolt Workout Exercises
- Starting with one light warm up set then two heavy sets of each squats and lunges exercise each of 10-12 reps to increase his lower body strength.
- Two sets of Leg extensions each of 10-12 reps to build powerful Calves,hamstrings and quadriceps.
- Two sets of chest press machine 10-12 reps so that upper body also remain strong.
- Cable knee Drives 3 sets of 10-12 reps each.
Some basic but effective exercises during his workout
- Bunny hops
- Box jumps
- Ankle Rolls
- Weight Squats
Usain Bolt Workout Tips:Increase your speed
- Basic speed training consists of leg strength, power increasing exercises and drills. Actual factors that determines the speed are not Strengths and power but the individuals potential to do.
- Stay focused on your starting blocks,as the best you start the good speed you acquire.
- Give your body proper rest so that you can be repaired to the fullest.
- Feed you body the proper diet so that it your muscles never starve.